At 3Dwalla, we specialize in the production of high-quality prototypes produced at a great price. With a range of technologies at our disposal, we are the perfect one stop shop for all your prototyping needs. Rapid Prototyping allows designers and engineers to execute fast and frequent revisions of their designs. Thanks to a variety of available technologies and materials, in plastics as well as metals, 3D-printed prototypes work for both visual and functional testing. Learn more about the rapid prototyping process below or send your 3D design file to our team of engineers for a quote.
What Is Rapid Prototyping?
Our rapid prototyping service is often used to produce a physical sample of a product design. It can be used to evaluate the form, fit and function of a part or to test out new and innovative idea. Prototypes are often made quickly using cheaper and less robust materials. We produce “rapid” prototypes because many clients need to produce a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or to capture a fleeting sales opportunity.
Benefits of Making a Prototype
- Show your customers and investors a model of your product
- Demonstrate the appearance, dimensions and features of your product
- Test your design for its suitability
- Save time and money by identifying and reducing design flaws
- Improve and streamline the production process
- Reduce your work load when the time comes to manufacture
- Create multiple versions with different colors, surface textures and finishing processes